Curious isn't it

Curious, Isn't It? (11)

Thursday, March 20, 2014

First off, before I forget (particularly as the song is about to end) go check out Mandisa's Joy Unspeakable song!  Definitely a fun one to groove to. 
So how have y'all's weeks gone?  Hopefully you're having a lovely, relaxing spring break.  I've slept in every morning and done what school I have very slowly and leisurely.  If only I had this small an amount of school every week! 

With my extra time I've been reading more (oh bliss).  Just last night I finished "With a  name like Love".  Goodness.  That book left me just sitting huddled in my chair, hugging the book, pondering everything that had happened.  It's ending was so bittersweet, and I love I love I loved the characters.  I don't even know how to describe the style of writing and feeling of the story.  It's very bittersweet, and romantic in an old-fashioned way. 

It's set in the 1950s, and it follows a family who moves from town to town, preaching and singing.  The main character is Ollie, and in one town she meets a boy (Jimmie) who intrigues her.  She invites him to come to their church meeting, but the storekeeper rudely tells Ollie that she shouldn't be associating with him, because Jimmie's moma killed his da.  Thus you meet Jimmie, my favorite part of the book.  Highly recommend it! 


Another book I read was called House of Secrets.  These two books could not be more opposite, but I love to mix it up so I didn't mind. 
This is set in our modern day world, when three siblings find themselves sucked into a story world of three books.  There's multiple enemies, and the kids barely get out of one mess before getting into another. The phrase "out of the frying pan and into the fire" kept running through my mind as I read it!
I enjoyed this book not because of the plot (it wasn't terribly ingenious), but for the CHARACTERS.  I loved the changes they each went through, their witty conversations, and their obvious sibling rivalries and challenges and jokes and insults.  Many, many insults.  They argue an extreme amount, and there's plenty of crude humor, but I enjoyed as more of a light read. 




This past weekend I had the privilege of attending the Father Daughter banquet with my daddy!   It was an amazing evening, the highlight being the dancing.  I'm so glad I decided to wear my hair pulled back, by the end of the night I was out of breath and rosy cheeked and HOT!  One thing I regret is wearing a strapless bra.  Ladies, don't wear one unless you are forced.  Especially while dancing!  O_o
But other then that it was so fun!  An excuse to dress up is always always always fun.   I'm sure I looked a lot like this while dancing but I don't care.

Here are some pictures:




So just yesterday I went to the Discovery center for the first time.  They did an excellent job arranging the whole building, and I really loved how they had so many people around, asking if you needed help or how you were doing, if you'd ever been there before, where do you live, are you homeschooled..... <---- yupppp a lady asked Brynley that.  My first thought- how can you tell?! 
It's spring break, we aren't the only teenagers (finally) out and about during school hours! 



Comment of the week:  This made me almost tear up.  Thank you, Ms. Watt, for making my week. 



Love,
Chloe  xoxoxo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. HEY! Book recommendations! I'm always on the lookout! I love your father/daughter banquet dress! (I haven't seen very many pictures, so thank you for adding a few more to my list!) Love reading your day-to-day recounts!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.