faith

This Week: My prayers

Sunday, January 19, 2014

 
It's Sunday night, and I'm curled up on my bed with my Disney Pandora station on full blast.  Sunday night is hard because it's a slap in the face that says that Monday is not even eight hours away.  With Monday comes school, my alarm, and a need for an extra dose of patience!  :)
I want to start this week off right, so my goal is to take a shower (check!), write a blog post (in progress!) and to be in bed with lights out by ten (not likely!).  This is going to be a short post, but I felt like making a list of things I want to pray about for this week.  I would love prayer for any or all! 
 

  • Perseverance with school.  These past few weeks have added civics, OYAN, and piano again.  When starting high school I came into it with the unconscious mindset that I'd be able to be finished with all my school by lunch and then have all afternoon to do whatever I wanted.  *smirk*  Uh, reality check for Chloe!!  Not happening any longer! 
  • To run at least three times this week.  This one sounds- well, cliché.  I've said I want to start running for the past year, and a lot of that used to be because I felt like everyone was doing it and it sounded new and interesting.  Fast forward a few months to me dying in the Kansas heat, checking to see if it's been a mile and then getting seriously depressed that it's not.  Now it's a whole lot colder, and I might be dying from frostbite this time, but I really love the way I feel after I've run, the few times I've done it.  Plus with my new songs I downloaded I'm hoping for more motivation.  Wish me luck!
  • Becoming a morning person.  Ugh, this is so not me. Getting up everyday for school just doesn't happen naturally for me.  So.  Commence operation go to bed earlier!
  •  Live'n out my love for God.  One time Addie  Mae asked me who Gemma Abrams was, since she'd heard me mention her quite a few times and didn't remember her from dance camp.  When she asked I got this look on my face and just started babbling.  I mean how do you describe someone so awesome??  "Gemma is just amazing.  I mean she's the epitemy of awesome.  She's unique and fun and always make me laugh and I mean- *throws hands up in air* How do you even describe her?"  You get the idea!  I was thinking about this exchange in the shower (yes, yes, I know, the place of all my deep thoughts) and I realized that if someone asked me who God was I don't know if I'd be able to have such an enthusiastic response.  This thought has challenged me to want to get to know Him that much better and to take our relationship deeper.  Thus to live out my love for God.
  • Another prayer for myself is that I'd be more the kind of friend that you really feel spiritually challenged and encouraged after being with.  I know I don't know very many people like that, and the few I have I really value the friendships that come with that.  The first one that pops into my mind is Anna Weddle.  Um, I love this girl.  She's encouraging and funny and just the best-st babysitter and stand in "big sister" I could ask for.  She's one of the people that I walk away from a conversation really wanting to grow spiritually.  And that says a lot to me personally.
  • All my individual friends.  I've been trying to make it a point to get my friends' prayers requests so I can have them written down and where I can see them!  For me, out of sight is out of mind.  I'm still trying to figure out how to do that without pasting their personal requests all around my room for everyone to see.  You all know who you are!  I'm praying for you!!! 
  • My uncle.  Seeing him after hearing he was diagnosed with cancer made me really appreciate how short life is. I knew he was going to die, as are we all sometime or later, but him having cancer somehow made it much more tangible for me.  I would love prayer from you guys about this.  I'm not ready to let him go yet.
These are all I can think of for now.... Would you look at that, how time has flown!  9:56 as we speak.  Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!
Love,
Chloe

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.