cake

Rainy Days and Chocolate Cake

Monday, April 22, 2013

So have you ever heard the quote "Learn to dance in the rain"?  Well....That was actually part of my day.  Except substitute the word "dance" for "jump".  As in jumping on our trampoline while it was pouring down rain!  I love being homeschooled;) At 11 in the morning we were outside, laughing and getting soaked as we slipped and jumped on our trampoline. 
And then imagine the most perfect way to come in: With a slice of chocolate cake waiting for you.

 
 
 
Is it making your mouth water?  Trust me, this is the ultimate chocolate lovers glory.  
 
30-Minute Chocolate Fudge Cake
for the cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, water, and cocoa over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil and pour over the flour/sugar mixture. Mix well. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla. Pour into a well-greased 9×13 pan, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
for the fudge icing
- 1 stick butter
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
In a medium saucepan, combine butter, milk, and cocoa and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, stirring well with a whisk or wooden spoon until the sugar melts and the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and pecans, then pour over hot cake.
{serves 12 to 16}

-----------------
 
 
Isn't my little helper just adorable?  :) :) :)  I don't think a flour mixture has been more faithfully stirred in the history of flour mixtures!
 

 
 
 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. AHHH, its SNOWING!!! I just wish it was SPRING!!!!! Or, at LEAST summer....GURRRRRRRRRRRR Then after today its supposed to warm up...I think..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sisters are faithful stirrers as well - I made them slow down after one dense and rubbery result from over stirring;) I love it when it rains and I wish we had a trampoline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, this chocolate cake looks incredible! And your cute little helper made me smile. Thumbs up on an awesome post!
    You and Mary Frances's blogs make me HUNGRY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom had the brilliant idea of spreading peanut butter over her piece. OOHHHHH boy does that sound good:) I'll tell you one thing- the cake didn't last long in our house!

      Delete

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.