award

Blogger Recognition Award

Sunday, November 16, 2014


I was so used to awards like the "Sunshine Award" or the "Liebster Award" (still trying to figure out if someone made up the word liebster or what...), that it was really fun to hear that I'd been nominated for a new award that I've never heard of. 

The idea here is to:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you.
  2. Leave a link to their page.
  3. Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips.
  4. Nominate 15 other bloggers
  5. Notify your nominees by email or comment.
You all remember Emily from her guest post '3 Myths About Fantasy Writers'?  She was the wonderful benefactress of this award!   You can read her blogging over here at Dreaming Hobbit .



How I Started Blogging

Yay, we get to talk about me now.   

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d6lfY2Hp1qzlvmi.gif
I considered being a smart-aleck and answering that question with a 'I used my fingers to type words.  That is how I started blogging.', but I didn't think many people would be very appreciative of that answer.  >:D
 
My first ever website was when I was, oh, ten, and I used the decrepit, age-old system of Google Sites.  I don't think you can even do that anymore, because I'm almost positive a little while after Google SITES happened it was murdered by Google BLOGGER.  I was completely oblivious to this at the time, and spent a good year experimenting and typing up little recipe posts and helpful tips that I thought everyone wanted to hear.
 
Fast-forward a year or so to when I heard my friend Mary Frances talking about starting a blog (she now has a thriving food blog called "The Sweet {Tooth} Life", coincidentally enough). 
 
At that moment in time, the desire to blog was planted deep within me, and for months afterwards I hounded and harped and begged and pleaded to be allowed to have a blog. 
For some reason unbeknownst to me at the time my parents thought it wasn't a safe idea for me at my age and so (and very wisely, as I see now), thought I should wait. 
 
Two years ago this January they gave in, and I started my blog. 
Mission accomplished - Kronk - Emperor's New Groove
 
Some Blogging Tips
 
 If you want comments on your blog, do three things:
 
 
1. Respond to the comments you are getting
2. Ask questions for people to answer in the comments
3.Biggest one: COMMENT ON OTHER PEOPLE'S BLOGS!!!  Be considerate, read their posts, comment, and leave your link.  Simple as that, and it's the golden rule.  Do unto others as you would have them do to you!  
 
 
Make sure you really like your header.  This is the thing that people see the moment they pull up your blog.  If it's unprofessional, ugly, or misspelled, nine times out of ten they won't even read your posts.  
 
Please PLEASE put a little "about me" box on the side of you blog with a real picture of yourself (if you're allowed to, of course).  You don't need last name or age or anything personal like that, just your name and something about yourself and your blog.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm reading posts by someone who doesn't have a picture of themselves for me to keep in mind as I read. 

Write about what makes you smile.  You can blog about everything and anything under the sun; why not do it about the things you really like?? 

 
 



Nominees


So much for 15 nominees. 

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/greenfairy87/tumblr_lwhavgwGyE1qfenao.gif
Oh well.  One short isn't so bad:)
 
Thank you again Emily!  Have a fabulous Sunday everypony!
 
-Chloe

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Loved this post :) lol, I think "liebster" is German or something. Or maybe that's just my overactive brain. :P Thank you soo much for awarding me! And congrats on 52 followers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl. I had no idea, but that sounds right:) Thanks for being one of them!! :D

      Delete
  2. Aww you're so sweet:) I love the story of how you started blogging!
    and A+ for GIF usage;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not nearly as exciting as some but hey, gifs make anything more exciting! :) Thanks Faith!

      Delete
  3. Awe this is great! Thanks so much for the nomination Chloe <3
    xx Juli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Juli!! Thanks for following my blog and commenting <3

      Delete
  4. Great post, haven't seen this one before!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Someday I'm going to make up my own award, just cus:)

      Delete

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.