books

Book Review: The Mysterious Benedict Society Series

Monday, August 12, 2013

I LOVE THIS BOOK SERIES!  Trenton Lee Stewart is an incredible author.  His books have so many unique characters and plot twists that it's hard to put them down!
The very beginning of the book starts with our hero, Reynie Muldoon, sitting outside a building and getting ready to take a test.  (another of the things I love- all the puzzles and riddles and things the kids have to figure out- some of them are ridiculous!) But this isn't just any test.  Ohh no.  With Mr. Benedict (who Reynie will meet later) nothing is normal.

This is one of the few books that I will laugh out loud at while reading!  The characters get into such funny fixes and they all handle it rather differently, which makes for plenty of funny scenes.

Another thing I loved that I mentioned before was all the PLOT TWISTS!  Oh.  My.  It's not funny how much this author puts me through!  What with all the conflict, unanswered questions, and the dreadful feeling that nothing is going according to plan, I've almost had to shut the book a few times so as to remind myself that this isn't real and that it all has to work out in the end!  Right?

There's nothing crude, or suggestive or romantic or anything like that in these books.  Plus there's a lot of great lessons that can be learned throughout.
All in all, I give this series five stars nd STRONGLY suggest you go and get them from your library!  NOW!

The Mysterious Benedict Society

Book #1: The Mysterious Benedict Society
Book #2: The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma
Book #3: The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.