Arkansas

Strawberry Power Muffins

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Good morning my lovelies!!  Do I have a breakfast surprise for you!!!!!!!!!!!  Bursting with oats, strawberries, and power packed with protein (okay, and a little sugar) these delicious goodies were SO good!




Thick and chewy and tasting of oatmeal and strawberries.......  Yum:) 


Perfect way to wake up and start the day!  If you want, adding protein power would be another benefit and would make them much better and sweeter!


I love that they're full of oats, greek yogurt, and plenty of ingredients that you can substitute for healthier things, like whole wheat flour.

Strawberry Power Muffins

  • no-stick cooking spray
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup oats–quick or regular oats, plain
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 12 ounces honey nonfat greek yogurt or 1 1/2 cups (Chobani)
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries

    1. Heat oven to 350°.
    2. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray or liners.
    3. Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
    4. Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a second bowl.
    5. Fold yogurt mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine completely.
    6. Gently fold in strawberries.
    7. Spoon into muffin tins.
    8. Bake until top is golden and springs back when you gently touch it, 20-25 minutes
     :) :)
    This morning I have so far accomplished my goal to work out, shower, and lull a little guinea pig half to sleep!  No, ladies and gents this was NOT originally on my "to do list" today (though changing out of yoga pants before 10 a.m. probably should've been). 

    I innocently asked if I could hold him, and before I knew it he was snuggling down and purring.  Apparently I had the "magic touch"....He couldn't stop yawning!!!!!  He has weaseled his way into all of our hearts, even my mom's.  I predict that he'll be staying for a long time.

    Another thing on my to-do list was to upload pictures from our Mother's day trip to Arkansas.  Thought I'd share a few of them with you all!!









    Changing feverishly out of my yoga pants in time for bible study until the next post...
    :)Chloe

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

    You're kinda awesome.