cheesecake

And a late Happy Easter to you all

Monday, April 01, 2013

Now I didn't want to copy Mary Frances by doing an Easter post on Easter, so I've decided to say Happy Easter rather belatedly. :)
And, to  make up for it, I'm going to give you an amazing present for free! 
*drum roll, please*

Actually, two presents.  The first:

 
Lemon Cheesecake!!!!! 
 
 
Is your mouth watering? It should be!!
 
 
I was amazed at how the layers actually separated from each other, so that the deeper you bit down, you had a different taste every quarter of an inch!  (okay so my math is a little off there, please bear with me!) Also, if you don't want them SO super tangy, I'd recommend not doing a half of a cup of lemon juice! That really is a lot. Probably a fourth a cup, or something like that:)
 
 
Cheesecake Lemon Bars
 
1 1/2 cupsall-purpose flour





  1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
  2. Whisk together 1 1/2 cup flour and confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared baking dish to form a crust.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
  4. Whisk together 4 eggs, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a bowl. Pour lemon mixture into the prepared crust. Skim off any bubbles from the surface of the filling. Mix the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in a bowl until well blended. Whisk in 2 eggs, then spread over the lemon mixture. The mixtures will separate during baking.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, about 30 minutes.

-------------------------------------
And now you all will be wanting to know what the second gift is.  Well, it sounds really obvious, but here it is.

Jesus!
 

    He really is the biggest and best gift we could ever need.  Easter is all about remembering what He did for us, that dark day on a cross.  How he was brutally tortured, for me.  Every time the whip bit into his skin, he knew who he was doing it for.  Even though it would be hundreds of years until I would even come into this earth, he thought about me.  When he almost fell under the weight of carrying his cross, he prayed for me.  When he hung there, his suffering magnified by the peoples' rejection, he did it all for me.
    But- Hallelujah, the story doesn't end there!  This is the best "Happily Ever After" you could possibly imagine in any story.  He rose again, three days later, and I live today as proof of his love-me, an ugly wretched sinner, who can say that I love Jesus and will be his child for eternity!  I love you, Jesus!
    Happy Easter!
 
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post, Chloe! You're right, that is the BEST Happily Ever After! (and those lemon cheesecake bars were incredible)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.