chocolate

Chocolate Chip Cookies; I will always be loyal!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

As the title says, I will ALWAYS swear by this recipe.

 
Ooey, gooey chocolatey....
 
 
One of the easiest things to fall back on if you're making a dessert, and so good every one will want two! 
 
Or three:)
 
 
 
This is one of my dad's favorite desserts, actually, and so whenever we bake it he's in heaven!  He, the one who makes Cranberry Orange Ricotta scones, likes my chocolate chip cookies?  That says a lot! :-)
 
Appartenly, Pinterest informed me that adding cornstarch, of all things, to these was supposed to make them light and fluffy.  So, being the obedient person I am, I complied and decided to experiment a little!  They WERE certainly light and fluffy, but the thing is, that's really normal for this recipe.  So I'm not sure.  Maybe on a different recipe?? 
 
Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
 

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
 
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hmmm, you can NEVER go wrong with a cup o' butter! I have been meaning to try that cornstarch trick ... Now you have convinced me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.