chocolate

Cookie dough to eat PLAIN! (for all you paranoid people, it doesn't have eggs in it)

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A few weeks ago, I blogged about brownie cupcakes with cookie dough frosting.  Well I'm here to tell you that the best part of that whole recipe was the frosting.  Mainly, the cookie dough part of the frosting!!!  It was terrible to use for icing, because it had FLOUR in it.  But I can personally attest to the fact that it makes amazing cookie dough to eat plain, for all you who love doing it just as much as I do!  You can also use it to make cookie dough balls or truffles, but I'm not sure how well the cookies from this recipe would turn out.  Probably flat as a pancake!
I love just keeping this stuff in the fridge, and taking it out occasionally to grab a bite.  It. is. heavenly.  Absolutely, completely, YUMMY.  And very unhealthy:)  Sorry, people, I'm not going to be blogging many healthy recipes, go check out Hannah's blog for that!!!!!!!!

{Good ol' eggless cookie dough}

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 Tbsp milk (I used vanilla almond milk, but soy or regular would be fine)
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed. Add the vanilla and beat well. Stir in the flour and salt until doughy. Stir in the milk and beat until fluffy. Gently fold in chocolate chips.



    Before I wrap up this super short blog post, I want to announce some SUPER big news that I'm still bouncing off the wall from........

    I'm going to the OYAN summer workshop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (for those of you who have no clue what that is, it's basically a week long camp where you go, you write, you meet new people, and get feedback on your novel!  In other words, heaven)


    See?  There it is, sitting on a brownie cupcake.  (Which, by the way, weren't THAT big of a hit at our house...Personally I liked the "frosting" better!)

    You Might Also Like

    2 comments

    1. Mmmmmmm, sounds delicious! This recipe will definitely come in handy. And that is SO exciting!!! Woohoo!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love the title! And you know what, who gets to decide when cookie dough is healthy? I know you'll always have good, yummy recipes, and in moderation, they won't hurt at all:) They're dessert after all! It's not like they're solid lard:)

      ReplyDelete

    Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

    You're kinda awesome.