drink

The most ridiculously easy and delicious summer drink!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The hot asphalt burns my bare feet, forcing me to do a little dance across the ground as I half run, half walk through the crowds of people.  A splash of water, a laugh.  I push back my wet hair and grin, giving my brothers a glare that isn't real.  Keep walking.... I can feel my legs baking in the sun.  A tan would be a plus.  Almost there...My toes dip in, I shiver.  But it's too hot out here, and so inviting down there. 
Three.
Two.
One.
Dive in.  A wave of water and I'm refreshed.
Summer....

Whenever I think of summer, I think along the lines of being hot.  And swimming pools.  And sunburn and ice cream and cool summer drinks....So last night, when my mom decided that we were making Orange Julius', and that I was in charge of them, I was more then thrilled!


How can you not enjoy these?  There's a little teensy bit of crunch from the ice that hasn't quite melted yet, and the sweet flavor of orange and vanilla swirling in the blender to make one big cup of deliciousness.


Sorry about the quality of the pictures....They aren't as good as I would've liked because all of my family members wanted seconds, and seeing as how I was using the seconds for pictures....I had to hurry!!  Meanwhile my food was getting cold and the Orange Julius was doing the opposite.  Not good!



Have you ever tried Orange Juice concentrate?  It's not very good.  Trust the expert.  I thought, oh hey, this'll be sweet and yummy and taste like Orange Juice!  or better yet, maybe taste like orange ice cream or something like that....
Nope, not even CLOSE.  It was tangy and not at all sweet.  *sigh* No wonder this recipe needed a half a cup of sugar!!!  (there, now you know, the secret is out.  A whole HALF CUP)


Plop it in.....
Add lots of milk and sugar...


Blend it up!


And there you have it!!  An amazing drink with only six ingredients.  Just like a smoothie, except with MUCH more sugar and soooooooo good.

Orange Julius

Ingredients:
  • 6 oz. can frozen OJ
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 T. vanilla
  • 10-12 ice cubes (you can add more depending on how thick you want to make it)
Combine in blender, and blend until smooth.  Makes six delicious servings!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey! Person commenting! Yes, you. Wanna know something?

You're kinda awesome.